Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Xpress Fustration

I bought a Nokia 8500 Xpress Music last week amid much hype from Nokia. It promised to be as good as an iPhone and it's available here!!!

Today, to my relief, the merchant I bought it from, has agreed to swap it for a 16G iPod Touch, which is RM200 cheaper.

Am I unhappy with the machine? Oh yes!!! Although I was expecting to have a period of adjustment; as I'm moving from a Palm Treo PDA to a Nokia phone; however, I did not expect the phone not to be able to play video files larger then 100M!!! ( This despite coming with a VGA cable to connect to your TV in the starter pack) Most mp4 movie files are approx 600M in size.

On top of the fact that the OS is as cumbersome as a PC really had me fuming.

Trust me, if you are an Mac user, leave everything apart from Palm and iPhones behind.

Having said all that, the Nokia is actually a very good "Ghetto Blaster" and Xpresses itself extremely well as a music player.

No comments: