Wednesday, May 21, 2008

You must remember this......


Yup, my suspicions have been confirmed; I've got Shingles!!! Bugger, bugger, bugger.

Anyway for comfort I'm watching Casablanca for the umpteenth time.
It's still a great movie, full of classic lines:
My favorite is still, "Of all gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine."
Just think, Ronald Reagan was supposed to play Rick!! Not sure about that.

Just watched the scene where they close down Rick's cafe: a very Malaysian type scene.
Captain Renault gives the order to close the cafe down on the grounds that there was gambling going on in the premises; "I'm shocked, shocked! to discover that there's gambling going on in this place." He then turns around to the croupier who hands him a wad of cash with the words, "Your winnings, Sir." 
Actually... there are many Malaysian type scenes. Maybe that's why I love the film.


Anyway... until the next time. "Here's looking at you kid."

No comments: