Monday, March 30, 2009

Passport Woes

Today I got a new passport. My old passport would be expiring in 6 months time and the Jabatan Hal Ehwal Dalam Negeri, (Home Office) sent me a reminder, which I thought was extremely customer friendly.

So today I went to the Malacca branch to renew my passport believing that this should take no more then the 2 hours as trumpeted by the Ministry and many people who had applied their passports recently. Judging from their new customer friendly approach, I foolishly accepted the 2 hour time-frame. Silly me!!!

The much trumpeted 2 hour time-frame starts ticking only after you have submitted all the necessary documents and monies. It does not include the time you have to wait to que for your que number, the time you have to wait for your photograph to be taken, the time you spend waiting for your IC to be photocopied, or the time you waste waiting for your number to be called to the counter.

Having spent one and a half hours doing all of the above, I then received my passport 2 hours later!!!

WHAT A BUNCH OF CHEATS!!!!

Talk about lies, damn lies and Civil Servants!!! Grrrr....

No comments: