Saturday, August 9, 2008

Tour of South China- Day III Night Time Frolics

Now where were we in this saga? Oh yes. Having visited the Bird's Paradise, we then completed our journey to Jiangmen, were we immediately checked into the "Celeste Palace Hotel" our abode for the night. It was more like the "Mary  Celeste", big gloomy and soulless. 

After checking in, we decided that an early dinner was in order, as we had skipped lunch, so in 15 minutes we were back on the mini-bus and on the way to dinner within that time. This for those who know me was a real achievement, as within that 15 minutes, I even had a shower!!!

Once again, there was another roast pig and lots of alcohol at dinner and in a drunken stupor, we all agreed to go to a karaoke after dinner.


Ban Tong showing us the traditional manner of drinking in China 

So then it was off to the karaoke which was in the next wing of the hotel, which was a good thing as I needed help in getting to my room later. Thank-you Ban Tong for ignoring my protestations, and sending me back at about 1am.


Yew Pun and me about to leave yet another musical corpse in our wake 

The ladies, also having their fun at the karaoke




No comments: