Sunday, August 17, 2008

What's in a Name?

I'm about to buy a Schnauzer she-dog (okay.... bitch), she'll probably be delivered this week.
I'm having trouble picking up a name for her, so I thought I'll post my short list and ask everyone's advice.

1. Pork Chop - My feeble protest for Article 11 to be respected.
2. Athena - Greek Goddess of Wisdom
3. Pandora - She of the box.
4. Vesta - The virginal Roman Goddess of the hearth and home, also a subject in the song "The Whiter Shade of Pale" by Procol Harum.
5.Phoebe - After my favorite stock; Public Bank (PB geddit?) 

4 comments:

GxDrax said...

You need a name for a small she-dog? You've come to the right place. Try these:

Coffee themed - espresso, nespresso, robusta, arabica, or machiato. Starbux would be my choice.

Variations of the porkchop - salumi, or if a fat dog, pancetta or simply bacon (since you're an extreme anglophile)

Cheers.

GxDrax said...

You need a name for a small she-dog? You've come to the right place. Try these:

Coffee themed - espresso, nespresso, robusta, arabica, or machiato. Starbux would be my choice.

Variations of the porkchop - salumi, or if a fat dog, pancetta or simply bacon (since you're an extreme anglophile)

Cheers.

GxDrax said...

Did my first post get thru the censor?

cincaluk said...

Thanks for the suggestions gxdrax,

I've come to the conclusion that a 2 syllable name would be the best for easy name calling.... if you know what I mean. So although I love the coffee themed names, they're all 3 syllables except for Starbux, which is good but too... American to contemplate!!

However a variation on bacon, "Streaky" will be considered.

Further discussion on the matter will be done over several whiskeys in Jim's tomorrow.

See you there.