Tuesday, September 2, 2008

US Pizza Rant

How difficult can it be to take an order over the phone, get an address down and deliver a pizza, 5 minutes down the road?? Well if you were a Bangladeshi, with very limited English and absolutely no knowledge of Malay, it is absolutely impossible!!!
Which idiot of a manger put this guy in charge of taking delivery orders!!!

This saga began at 7.30 pm tonight when I decided to order a pizza in as I had only taken the mince beef out of the freezer, and it had not thawed. So I picked up the phone to order in some pizza instead. Big mistake!! This Bangladeshi picked up the phone, couldn't understand the order, handed the phone over to a Malay chap who had no problem taking down the order..... So I thought!
Fast forward to 9 pm, still no pizza!!! So I called them up to enquire. The Malay chap answers the phone; I asked about the status of the delivery; he hands the phone to the Bangladeshi!!!! who says, we did not deliver as we do not have your telephone number!!! BUT I know for a fact that they have caller ID!!!!! However he promises to proceed with the order and I continue waiting.

20 minutes later, still no pizza. I call back, Malay chap answers the phone, hands the phone to the Bangladeshi who says  that they still have not got my number; I gave it to him; ask him how long they will take to deliver the pizza; he tells me that they have to prepare it first, then...... HOLD ON, did he say prepare it first?? You mean that's it's still not made yet???!!! No sir. Well CANCEL the order then.

So I now go and prepare some Bolognese sauce, with the mince which is now of course thawed.
30 minutes later... guess what!!! The wretched pizza turns up!!! BUGG OFF!!!

Uughh.... what can I say???

  

No comments: