Saturday, July 19, 2008

South China Trip - Day II part 3


After lunch at an upmarket hawker centre attached to a 5 star hotel, we then moved on to the Qinghui Garden which used to be the mansion of Huang Shijun, the head bureaucrat of the fiefdom. It was definitely the most spectacularly artistic of all grand buildings we visited on this trip. There were so many photo opportunities that one could easily spend several days there. Unfortunately my camera was running out of juice (and I did not pack a charger; silly boy) so I did not take as many photographs as I wanted. The Sith Lord has the best photographs which I hope he will share with the rest of us, including a great shot of me by a carp pond.

After the Gardens, we then went for dinner at a seafood restaurant; one where the all the seafood is live and displayed in tanks. There was a wedding dinner at this restaurant, however due to our hunger for more boar, we managed to hijack a roast piglet. (actually it was more of a pig then a piglet)

After dinner, it was back to the hotel and a good night's sleep.




No comments: