Sunday, July 13, 2008

Sunday's Cinematic Marathon


To celebrate the opening of Golden Screen Cinema's new 10 screen cineplex in Dataran Pahlawan, I decided to go on a cinematic marathon today.

Starting at 12.20pm, I went over to watch Wanted.
It was a throughly enjoyable all-action film, lots of whizz bang action very reminiscent of a John Woo movie. You know shooting bullets out of the air etc.
Lots of great action, great stunts but not much of a plot.

The highlight was Angelina Jolie who was HOT! HOT! HOT!
The let-down was James McAvoy who has the same annoying and whinging characteristics of Nicholas Cage.

Next up at 2.55 pm, after lunch was Hancock.
Starring Will Smith as a disfunctional individual with super-powers. Once again it was a film with lots of action, however it also has a slight twist in the plot to keep things interesting. (notice I only said a slight twist) 

After a toilet and coffee break, it was then the last film of the day; Hellboy 2 at 5.40pm.
Yet another all action movie; probably the most spectacular of the three films. Some of the scenes were masterpieces of CGI. I'll be waiting for Hellboy 3! There was a very funny scene involving Barry Malinow's "I can't smile without you".

Hell it was a fun day. Must do it again soon. Anyone want to join me? I'll be seated in my favorite seat, 2 rows from the front of the screen. 

No comments: